Scooters are fun and this is part of the reason their use has grown so much in the past decade. There are scooters for everyone including children, teens, adults, heavy adults, and senior citizens. The price of a scooter is determined by a number of factors including the power of the scooter, its features, and its battery capabilities. In the following buying guide, we are analyzing Best Electric Scooter under $500.
- 1 Best Electric Scooter Under $500 – Compare Table
- 2 Review of Best Electric Scooters Under $500
- 2.1 Hiboy Max: One-step fold adult electric scooter
- 2.2 Gotrax – XR Ultra: Powerful budget electric scooter
- 2.3 Hover-1 Journey: Excellent commuter electric scooter
- 2.4 Jetson Eris: Modernity electric scooter
- 2.5 Megawheels S11X: Stylish and sturdy electric scooter
- 2.6 Razor EcoSmart Metro HD – Seated Electric Scooter
- 2.7 Turboant X7 Pro: Fast Speed and Long Range electric scooter
- 2.8 Segway Ninebot ES4 – Sleek E-Scooter
- 2.9 Glion Dolly – Best Selection for the Money
- 2.10 Razor E200 – Cheap Electric Scooter
- 2.11 Mac Wheels MX1 – For Commute and Travel
- 3 Which one should I buy?
- 4 Conclusion
Best Electric Scooter Under $500 – Compare Table
Top speed (Mph)
Max Range (Miles)
Gotrax XR Ultra
Razor EcoSmart Metro HD
Turboant X7 Pro
Segway Ninebot ES4
The Razor E200
Mac Wheels MX1
Review of Best Electric Scooters Under $500
Hiboy Max: One-step fold adult electric scooter
When looking for an affordable, aesthetic, and durable electric scooter, the Hiboy Max is a suitable scooter. You do not want a very cheap or a very costly option for you or someone who is just starting on the electric scooter roller coaster. Hiboy Max could be a perfect fit for you.
The scooter is for beginners. However, it will not disappoint you because it has better speed and mileage features than other similar scooters. This commute scooter for adults will offer you an astonishing range of 17 miles(27.35km) maximum range. This scooter also has an above-average speed of 18.6 miles per hour(29.93kph). The front 350W brushless motor helps to achieve this pretty fantastic speed.
The scooter is foldable and weighing only 34 lbs(15.42kg). The scooter is also portable. On the other hand, 8.5-inch wheels provide outstanding performance and ride quality. The scooter is fast and fun when it comes to riding. The wheels are nicely designed. The deck is also large enough to support a grown person up to 220 lbs(99.79 km). The scooter has a dual braking system, which is a disc-brake and powerful front electric brakes.
- The Hiboy Max comes with an application that has some unique control functions.
- The scooter is affordable and easy to use.
- The brake’s cruise control feature only supports the electric brakes, and you might want to disengage it using the app.
- It is ridiculously hard to fold. This might be a problematic case for young riders.
Gotrax – XR Ultra: Powerful budget electric scooter
Launched by the Gotrax, the XR Ultra is a scooter that appeals to all. It offers a beautiful and finished modern look and offers a great mode of transportation for the commute. The scooter, when fully charged, can go up to 16 miles(25.74km). The total charging time of the scooter is also quite fast, which is around 4 hours. The battery is from the branded 36v LG Battery 7.0AH battery.
This electric scooter is designed by keeping the beginner adult riders in mind. It can carry up to 220 lbs(99.79kg). The wheels are air-filled and 8.5 inches in size, supporting the small bumps and unevenness in the road. The tires are shock absorbing. The smart display on the handle shows speed, settings, and battery level. Surprisingly the scooter gives a good pace of 15.5 mph(24.94kph).
This electric scooter has two braking systems. One on the rear side is the disc braking system, and another one is the electronic braking system. At this affordable price, the scooter offers regenerative battery features IP54 water-resistant properties.
The motor is also big enough to support an adult rider that is of 300W power. This budget scooter is foldable and weighs around 26.4 lbs. We especially liked the handles, which are strong and portable. They have an excellent front LED light as well.
- The Gotrax XR Ultra has a superior folding mechanism with a security latch.
- This affordable scooter is pretty well in range and speed.
- The scooter is super fun.
- The air-filled tires may need maintenance.
Hover-1 Journey: Excellent commuter electric scooter
When buying an electric scooter, Hover-1 Journey may sound like an average scooter on the list. This scooter is an excellent scooter for commuting. The scooter is a modest, clean, and budget scooter. The scooter is super affordable, but the scooter is also lightweight making it mobile and easy to carry around.
If you want to have a safe and sound riding quality, the recommended weight limit is 264 lbs(119.74 kg). The scooter is a good fit for young beginners and expert adult riders. The scooter has a decent speed, which is around 14 mph. The pace is achieved by the 300W brushless motor the scooter has. The scooter also comes with an easy to use the charger as well. The charger charges a 36 V Li-ion battery made up of 30 cells. It takes around 4-6.5 hours to charge the battery, which is a little longer than other similar scooters.
The scooter is comfortable to ride because of its expansive and frictionless deck. Another reason for a fun ride is 8.5 inches air-filled tires. The handles offer a genuine grip. The range is also pretty far, around 16 miles(25.74 km), making the right choice for commuting. It only weighs about 27 lbs. The scooter is UL certified.
- Hover 1 Journey has appealing color choices and looks.
- The electric scooter has LED lights and an LED display.
- The scooter is lightweight and affordable.
- Cruise control helps to customize different needs.
- The maximum speed is only 14 mph.
- The charging time is around 4-6.5 hours.
Jetson Eris: Modernity electric scooter
Jetson Eris could be the next scooter you will end up buying. Here is why. The scooter is unique in its build and design than the rest of the scooter. In many of the present scooters, the night visibility is low, making riders add extra LED lights. In contrast, Eris comes with big and bright LED lights. Many electric scooters offer cruise control and app-connectivity. However, the navigation can still be challenging with the phone in your pocket. Jetson Eris solves these problems by adding a phone socket in the handle. The detachable device mount feature will help you navigate efficiently and stay safe by keeping your hands on the handle.
Jetson Eris is a stylish option for riders as well. The scooter offers an appropriate range, which is around 12 miles, making it the best fit for college or commute scooters. The small yet boosted 250W motor can take you to the speed of 14 mph. The scooter offers you full control with their easy to start and easy to stop feature. The thumb throttle will start the scooter, and hand brakes will stop them.
The scooter is for 12 years and older with water-resistant features. This electric scooter is 30 lbs in weight and can be folded when it comes to carrying around. The charging time is also reduced to about 4-5 hours, making it a great choice in its price range.
- The scooter is black and sleek in design with a modern minimalistic look.
- The scooter is an excellent user friendly with its easy to start and easy to the brake system.
- The range is around 12 miles.
Megawheels S11X: Stylish and sturdy electric scooter
Mega wheels S11X is another excellent scooter on the list. The scooter stands out in the crowd due to the different features it has to offer. The scooter is ideal in terms of style and strength. One of the things that stands with the scooter is its range as well. The scooter has a range offering of about15.53miles(25 Km).
Mega wheels S11x has bright LED lights that give good visibility during night and city travels. It comes with different riding modes. The three modes of the scooter are economy, standard, and fast mode.
The scooter has a fast-charging battery, which takes about 4 hours to charge. The scooter has a 350W brushless motor and a 7500mAH lithium-ion battery. If you consider buying this scooter, the scooter is stable and balanced by the 8.5 inches pneumatic tires. The tires help to smoothly ride the scooter on rough surfaces and adjust according to personal needs.
The Mega wheels S11X is an all-rounder scooter. It has excellent portability features. First, the scooter only weighs around 28.66lbs(13 kg), making it easy to carry around. Second, you can easily fold the scooter. In addition to this, the deck is complete and durable with maple wood made.
- It is stylish and robust.
- The scooter is excellent in terms of portability functions.
- The scooter is extremely lightweight.
- The scooter is fast charging.
- The range is 25 km, which is a little less.
Razor EcoSmart Metro HD – Seated Electric Scooter
Razor EcoSmart Metro HD scooter is peculiar in terms of its features and functionalities. It offers some unique features in terms of speed, comfort, and mobility and comes with seats and a cargo carrier. You heard that right! The scooter has a function where riders can sit and drive the scooter. It is equipped with a comfortable seat and a beautiful expansive bamboo deck; the ride can get smooth and easy.
When talking about performance as well, the speed, range, and ride quality are superb. The scooter can go up to 15.6 mph (25 km/h) max speed with a range of up to 12 miles (19 km). This is a smashing speed and range with this budget scooter. The motor is a 350W brushless high-speed motor.
The air-filled big pneumatic tires also guarantee safety and comfort. The tires are 16 inches spoked tires, and the smooth handling is given by a natural grip handle with a soft rubber feel. The scooter starts from a self start hand throttle. This scooter has a hand brake system giving a sense of control to the rider. The scooter with this build quality is astonishing. Read the full review here.
- The scooter offers a cargo facility. Many scooters recommend not to have any extra bag or load. In contrast, this Razor Ecosmart Metro provides a space for grocery bags or school bags.
- The ease in seating facility with a vast deck.
- The scooter weighs about 72.89 lbs.
- The range is 12 miles.
Turboant X7 Pro: Fast Speed and Long Range electric scooter
The Turboant X7 Pro is a beast in the list. The speed and range are superior if compared to the rest. This scooter is undoubtedly the most attentive today in the market. Let’s start with the speed, which the Turboant X7 Pro can go up to 20 mph(32.18 kph). This scooter is thus for adult riders who also seek adventures and thrill. The range is even more advanced than the other scooter of a similar budget because the scooter can range up to 20 – 30 miles when fully charged.
With the brighter LED headlights and taillights, the scooter also supports night visibility. The scooter is water resistible and offers three different modes of riding. They are beginner, eco and sports mode. While Many scooters have only a hand brake system, the X7 Pro tops the list by having three braking systems. They are hand brakes, foot brakes, and electronic brakes.
Everything about this scooter is excellent. The tires are air-filled pneumatic 10 inches tires. The scooter can handle up to 275 lbs of weight. It also offers a 10 Ah battery detachable pack. When it comes to the scooter’s weight, the scooter is light, with only 33 lbs of weight. Amazing!
The 300 W 36 V motor is powerful, whereas the li-ion battery charging time is around 6 hours. The scooter is thus portable, affordable, and foldable.
- The speed and range are excellent.
- The wheels are big and make the scooter a stable ride.
- The weight is low.
- It does not have any app.
- It has a tubbed tires, which might need maintenance.
Segway Ninebot ES4 – Sleek E-Scooter
The Ninebot ES4 as the name suggests is commonly known for its sleek modern design that will glue your eyes to it. Everything about it screams of class and gorgeous design and finishes. And this is what makes it such a great bargain selling at just over 500 bucks.
It is also a powerful electric scooter with a motor that provides an astounding 800 Watts of power. This powerful motor propels the scooter to a very high top speed of 19 mph. Compared to scooters within its price range, this is a really good performance. The motor however does not only serve speed.
It also allows the scooter to climb steep slopes with ease as well as ride on rough terrain. This makes it suitable for off-road driving. What is most unique about the Ninebot ES4 Electric Scooter though is the dual battery design it uses. If you thought one battery is enough, Ninebot is here to tell you not to settle.
With these two batteries, you need not worry about charging it again once you leave the house because you get 28 miles of range on a single full charge. Even after a long day of activities, you are guaranteed of getting back home with some charge left. On top of this, this scooter can support a maximum user weight of 220lbs.
The Ninebot ES4 electric scooter comes with a dual shock absorber system that is well-engineered to prevent the rider from feeling any cracks or bumps on the road. These shock absorbers are on both wheels for efficiency and the ultimate comfort ride. The tires are large for maximum stability and comfort at high speeds.
Other features include an LED display that is quite clear in the sun, Bluetooth connection abilities, cruise control feature, ambient LED light for aesthetic and beauty, and a mobile app connection that allows you to update the scooter with new firmware updates. The flowings are the pros and cons of the ES4
- It is reported to have durability issues
Glion Dolly – Best Selection for the Money
The Glion Dolly is arguable the best commuting electric scooter there is today and there are lots of reasons for this title. It is also a powerful electric scooter with a motor that provides an astounding 250 Watts of power. This powerful motor propels the scooter to a high top speed of 15 mph.
The motor however does not only serve speed. It also allows the scooter to climb steep slopes with ease as well as ride on rough terrain. This makes it suitable for off-road driving. But that’s not even the fascinating part of the scooter. With all this power, this is one of the quietest motors in the market.
What is most unique about the Glion Dolly Electric Scooter though is the battery design it uses. It features a high voltage battery that provides 36 V of voltage. This battery is amazing because it takes a very short time to fully charge requiring only 3.25 hours.
You also need not worry about charging it again once you leave the house because you get 15 miles of range on a single full charge. This is ample to get you through the day without worrying about the scooter dying on you. On top of this, this scooter can support a maximum user weight of 220lbs.
The Glion Dolly electric scooter comes with relatively huge tires that are large for maximum stability and comfort at high speeds. Other features include an LED display that is quite clear in the sun and a folding mechanism for portability, front fork suspension, and antilock brakes with rear foot-activated press brakes. The following are the pros and cons of the Glion Dolly
- It features a powerful 250 Watt powered motor. This powerful motor propels the scooter to a high top speed of 15 mph
- It also allows the scooter to climb steep slopes with ease as well as ride on rough terrain making it suitable for off-road driving
- The powerful motor is remarkable quiet
- The Glion Dolly has relatively huge tires are large for maximum stability and comfort at high speeds
- The high voltage battery takes only 3.25 hour to fully charge which is a really short time
- It can support a maximum riser weight of 220lbs.
- The powerful battery provides a high range of up to 15 miles on a single charge
- It features a front fork suspension and antilock brakes with rear foot-activated press brakes for the best braking experience
- Has great value for money
- It has a strong build for durability and longevity
- The cover is sold separately at an additional fee
Razor E200 – Cheap Electric Scooter
It would be difficult to mention budget-friendly electric scooters without mentioning the Razor E200. Razor has been manufacturing and releasing affordable yet god quality scooters for a long time now and the E200 is no exception. It is the cheapest electric scooter on our list.
The Razor E200 features a powerful motor that provides an astounding 200 Watts of power. This powerful motor propels the scooter to a top speed of 12 mph. The motor however does not only serve speed. With this power, this is one of the quietest motors in the market. What is most unique about the Razor E200 is the presence of rear-wheel drive and traction control.
The rear-wheel-drive system enables fast acceleration while traction control makes it possible to drive in slippery conditions comfortable. For your safety, however, avoid slippery roads and pavements.
It features a low voltage battery that provides 12 V of voltage. This battery takes about 12 hours to fully charge which is not that good. It is not a great commuting scooter because most times, this battery will not be able to get you through your daily activities. In fact, the Razor E200 lasts only up to 40 minutes of continuous travel.
This value may however vary depending on the weather and the weight of the rider. On top of this, this scooter can support a maximum user weight of 150lbs.
The Razor E200electric scooter comes with relatively huge tires that are large for maximum stability and comfort at high speeds. Other features include a wide full-size deck for stability and comfort when riding and an amazing folding mechanism. The following are the pros and cons of the Razor E200
- The rear-wheel-drive system enables fast acceleration
- It features a traction control system that makes it possible to drive in slippery conditions comfortably
- this scooter can support a maximum user weight of 150lbs
- The Razor E200 comes with relatively huge tires are large for maximum stability and comfort at high speeds
- The Razor E200 has a wide full-size deck for stability and comfort when riding
- It comes with a superb folding mechanism that allows you to fold and unfold it in a matter of just seconds
- It is very cheap and offers great value for money
- It comes with a low voltage battery that provides 12 V of voltage
- The Razor E200 takes about 12 hours to fully charge which is not that good
- For people who love speed, this scooter is not for you as it comes with a 200 Watt motor that provides a top speed of just 12 mph
- It cannot go up hills and steep slopes
- The Razor E200 is not suitable for off-road riding
Mac Wheels MX1 – For Commute and Travel
The Mac Wheels MX1 is the most recently released electric scooter in our “Best Electric Scooter under $500” buying guide. Because of this, it comes with a lot of new tech features. With a price tag of 400 bucks, this scooter offers great value for money and amazing features all around.
It is also a powerful electric scooter with a motor that provides an astounding 350 Watts of power. This powerful hub motor propels the scooter to a very high top speed of 15.6 mph. Compared to scooters within its price range, this is an excellent performance.
The motor however does not only serve speed. It also allows the scooter to climb steep slopes with ease as well as ride on rough terrain. This makes it suitable for off-road driving.
What is most unique about the Mac Wheels MX1 Electric Scooter though is the long-range battery with 270Wh of power. This battery also charges fast requiring only 4 hours for a full charge. With it, you also go a nice 18.6 miles of range on a single full charge. This guarantees comfortable to use throughout your daily activities.
On top of this, this scooter can support a maximum user weight of 250lbs. Other features include large 8.5-inch pneumatic tires for stability and comfort, an LED display that is quite clear in the sun, a cruise control feature, a double braking system with brakes at the front and rear, and a fast-folding mechanism that takes just 3 seconds to fold. The following are the pros and cons of the Mac Wheels MX1
- The Mac Wheels comes with a powerful motor that provides 350 Watts of power. It propels the scooter to a very high top speed of 15.6 mph
- The powerful motor allows the scooter to climb steep slopes with ease as well as ride on rough terrain
- It has a long-range battery with 270Wh of power
- With it, you also go a nice 18.6 miles of range on a single full charge
- A maximum user weight of 250lbs which is great for both teens and young adults
- It comes with large 8.5-inch pneumatic tires for stability and comfort
- The LED display is quite bright and clear in the sun
- It features a fast-folding mechanism that takes just 3 seconds to fold
- The Mac Wheels provides great value for money
- It is not suitable for rough terrain or off-road driving
Which one should I buy?
All the scooters mentioned have their advantages and disadvantages. We have written all the things that should be helpful for you to decide which one to buy. I would recommend you to go with the scooter according to your needs. But in contrast, all the scooters mentioned above are great and equally useful for your daily life.
There are lots of scooters below the $500 mark. However, to find the best electric scooter for under $500, you have to consider other factors such as speed, power, and battery capacity of the scooter. If you love speed and want to cruise with a scooter, we recommend the Ninebot ES4 Sleek E-Scooter. This also a great choice if you want a stylish and sleek scooter. For the best deal or best value for money, we recommend buying the Glion Dolly or Gotrax GXL scooters.