Commuting to work can be challenging with increased gasoline prices and increased traffic jams. This does not have to be the case if you invest in any of our “best electric scooter for commuting” selections.
Whether you need to commute to work or go the distance on a short weekend trip, an electric scooter is a great form of transportation. It’s cheap, convenient, environmentally friendly, and can even be fun. In fact, there are so many electric scooter options on the market that it can be difficult to choose the right one. These top 15 electric scooters are some of the best for commuting available on the market.
- 1 How electric scooters for commuting compare
- 1.1 RAZOR ECOSMART METRO HD
- 1.2 DUALTRON MINI – Fastest for Commuting
- 1.3 SEGWAY NINEBOT MAX – Best Long Range commuter scooter
- 1.4 GOTRAX GXL – Lightweight Commuter Scooter
- 1.5 Glion Dolly
- 1.6 Xiaomi Mi– Best electric scooter for beginners
- 1.7 Razor E100 – Most simple design commuter scooter
- 1.8 GOTRAX XR ULTRA
- 1.9 APOLLO CITY
- 1.10 HIBOY MAX
- 1.11 HOVER-1 JOURNEY
- 1.12 JETSON QUEST
- 1.13 MEGA WHEELS S11X
- 1.14 Swagtron Swager 5T
- 1.15 XPRIT 10″ PRO
- 2 Buying Guide for the Best electric scooter for commuting
- 3 BEST OVERALL ELECTRIC SCOOTER:
- 4 FASTEST ELECTRIC SCOOTER FOR COMMUTING:
- 5 Best Long Range electric scooters for commuting?
- 6 Why should you pick an electric scooter over other vehicles?
- 7 Staying safe on the road when commuting with an electric scooter
- 8 Purchasing an electric scooter
- 9 What to ask before purchasing an electric scooter?
- 10 FAQS
- 11 Conclusion
How electric scooters for commuting compare
Check on Amazon
RAZOR ECOSMART METRO HD
SEGWAY NINEBOT MAX
GOTRAX XR ULTRA
MEGA WHEELS S11X
SWAGTRON SWAGER 5T
XPRIT 10" PRO
Razor EcoSmart Metro features a bamboo deck, modern design, and nearly silent motor. It could be your best commuter scooter when it is about going very fast to your home, friend’s house, or anywhere.
With its powerful motor of 500W, it can produce a high rate of 18 mph(28.9682 kph), sounds cool! Its range is 12 miles(19.3121 km) means you don’t have to worry about the distance much. At the same time, it takes an average of 4 hours of fast charging time. It additionally provides a luggage rack.
If you are going to the market to buy anything, Razor EcoSmart Metro HD will help you. It also includes a brake system to stop safely wherever needed. An expansive bamboo deck and a soft padded seat ensure your comfort and ease of ride. Razor EcoSmart Metro features a design that is suitable for riders of ages 16+. It can support a load up to 220 lbs. Many people admire this Razor eco-smart, which is of great value.
- Comfortable Ride
- Fast Speed
- Powerful motor
- Fast charging
- Luggage rack
- Ease of use
- Medium operating time
DUALTRON MINI – Fastest for Commuting
DUALTRON MINI features a 52 V 17.5 AH Li-Ion battery-powered by one of the best motors of 735 watts. DUALTRON MINI has dual spring suspension on both front and rear wheel shock absorbers.
DUALTRON MINI is convenient to carry around because of its portable foldable design. It has a fast charge. DUALTRON MINI has a range of 34 miles(54.717 km) and has a maximum speed of about 32 miles per hour(51.499 kph)
You can climb a slope less or equal to 28% with Dualtron mini. It is durable since its chassis is crafted from a super-strong alloy of aluminum and steel. Electric abs brake and rear drum brake for better stability while commuting. It comes with the price tag of 1 499 $. Even though the price is higher, it is one of the best electric scooters in the market.
- This commuter scooter features bodyside led; steering tube led, brake, tail, and headlights.
- Convenient folding system for carrying
- Powerful battery to provide a range of 34 miles(54.717 km)
- It features rear-wheel shock absorbers for any type of road
- A maximum pace of around 32 miles per hour(51.499 kph)
- 735-watt powerful motor.
- Expensive. However, it is of great value.
SEGWAY NINEBOT MAX – Best Long Range commuter scooter
Want to choose the best commuter electric scooter? Ninebot Max is the ultimate solution to all your problems. A powerful motor of 350W, a battery of 551 Wh, and 10 inches pneumatic tires can produce a blistering top speed of 18.6 mph(29.93 kph). Its battery can last along with a range of 40.4 miles(65.017 km), astounding!
While it takes almost 6 hours for its complete charging, it can carry 220 lbs rider weight. The Battery Management System shelters the battery from over-current and temperature to make it durable. It has a featured LCD through which you can always see the battery charging and speed mode. Moreover, if you are in Eco mode, you can change your ride mode to Standard & Sport.
Moreover, it is IPX5 water-resistant & has a dual braking system. It extracts energy when brakes are applied. Therefore if you need to boost your pace, that energy help for max speed. The front LED lights keep your way lightened at night. Lastly, Segway Ninebot max is portable due to its folding system.
- Powerful Motor
- Top Speed
- High operating time
- Battery Management System
- LCD display
- Dual brakes with a regenerative energy system
- Folding ability
- Requires full battery to attain top speed (Customer Review)
- It lacks rear wheel shock absorbers.
GOTRAX GXL – Lightweight Commuter Scooter
If you are thinking of using your scooter for daily commutes, you need compact, lightweight, and portable. The GLX stands out due to its durable, high mile range, low maintenance 8.5” pneumatic tires that enable you to navigate city traffic with ease. You also get cruise control, a handbrake, a lock mechanism, and a reinforced frame that can handle various weights.
The GOTRAX gets its power through a 250W motor capable of delivering a top speed of 15.5 mph. This is modest enough to navigate through city traffic while ensuring maximum battery efficiency. The battery is a 36V capable of doing 9 to 12 miles of range and can be recharged for 4 hours. It can support weights of 220lbs. At the same time, the height of the handlebars to the deck is 38 inches. This enables the scooter to support very tall persons.
After your commute, you can easily fold it for the next use. To give you greater control during rides, it comes with dual braking systems. You also get variable speeds that help you change speeds depending on how fast you need to get to the office. One gear will give you a speed limit of 10mph, while the other enables you to maximize power. The GLX has a sleek design that makes it ideal for both office workers and college students. It also comes with LED lights for night travel.
- Lightweight design
- Good mile range
- It has rear-wheel shock absorbers for a smooth commute.
- Large comfortable pneumatic tires
- Easily foldable and portable
- Quick recharge
- Cannot handle hilly terrain with ease
Getting to work with your e-scooter is the first hurdle you have to overcome. The second is carrying it around the office. If you have something heavy and bulky, you will experience challenges with storage – remember, office space is often minimal. The answer to all your portability problems is the Glion Dolly that comes with a high mile range.
It comes with a collapsible design that you can convert into a rolling suitcase in seconds. This makes it easy to drag along. The charging system is easy and ergonomic. You should get more charge in the office as you continue working. At just under 28 pounds, the Glion Dolly comes with a 36V 7.8Ah Lithium-ion battery. It should give you a top speed of 15 mph and a range of 15 miles keeping the latest battery technology in mind. It has a sleek design that makes it stand out during commutes. The brushless 250W motor is located in the rear wheel hence making the Glion dolly very stable.
It does not use gears or chains, making it extremely quiet to ride around. The frame is made from 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum, which allows it to handle a variety of weights. The frame is corrosion-resistant, and this contributes to its durability. The 8” tires are smooth to ride with and do an amazing job of absorbing shock.
Braking is a smooth courtesy of the anti-lock electronic braking system located close to the rear hub motor. The control panel is water-resistant, so you do not have to worry about destruction in rainy weather. You can track the battery life from the scooter’s handlebar screen. It comes with a price tag of $499.
- Fast charging system
- Lack of chains makes it quiet.
- Easy to fold and lightweight
- Smooth braking
- High-level speed and range
- Not that fast of a scooter
- It does not have cruise control.
Xiaomi Mi– Best electric scooter for beginners
Xiaomi is a Chinese company that has made inroads in making high-quality products. This scooter is lightweight, sleek, and super-efficient that comes with a cruise control system. In just three seconds, you can flip, fold, and clip your scooter into something compact for storage in the office. The basic design of the scooter enables you to maneuver city traffic and sidewalks with ease. At a weight of 26.9 lbs., this is one of the most lightweight scooters on the market.
Besides, portability you also require speed and power to get to the office in time. The Xiaomi does just that courtesy of its 250W battery capable of hitting a top speed of up to 15.5 miles and a range of 18.6 miles. This is the ideal scooter for college students and workers involved in daily commutes.
At high speeds, you will need to bring the scooter to a complete halt without falling over. The Xiaomi features a double braking system that combines the e-ABS regenerative anti-lock braking system and disc braking. The large 8.5” tires will bring respond to braking at a range of 13.1 ft.
The Xiaomi has a minimalistic design that is easy to learn and therefore suitable for all ages. It is also very safe to commute, and with an aerospace-grade aluminum frame, you do not have to worry about it bending or breaking. Out of the other best electric scooters, Xiaomi mi is no less than others.
- Headlights and taillights for night visibility
- Fast charging time of 5 hours
- cruise control available
- It has a high weight limit of 220 lbs.
- Disc brakes for emergency stopping
- Amazing speed and proper mile range
- Lacks intuitive LCD screen
Razor E100 – Most simple design commuter scooter
The Razor E100, for its size and awesome features, has become a trendy scooter amongst commuters. It is easy to learn hence making it suitable for ages. We have included it on our list due to its affordability. Two lead-acid rechargeable batteries that deliver 24V worth of power enable the scooter to reach a top speed of 10 mph power. Lead-acid batteries, unlike lithium ones, do not last long and may not deliver as much power as you would expect.
The Razor E100 gives one 40 minutes of the drive at a constant speed of 10mph. This is adequate to get you to work and back. On the downside, we found the charging system a big shortcoming. The 12-hour requirement for a full charge is way higher than the average of 4 to 5 hours common in most scooters. This will mean you need to recharge your scooter as you go to bed. In-office charging is impossible.
- Simple design
- Easy to carry
- Modest driving speed
- Sturdy and ergonomic frame
- It takes too long to charge.
- Low range
GOTRAX XR ultra features an inventive portable folding system for convenient usage. XR ultra features a red safety button to ensure handle stability while riding. GOTRAX offers an enhanced 300 watt motor with XR ultra. It also features a 7.0AH LG battery to blend a perfect combination of battery life and smooth commuting strength.
Gotrax features 8.5 inches of shock-absorbing tires and features a top speed of around 15.5 miles per hour(24.944kph). XR ultra requires charging after every 16 miles(25.74 km) of range. It offers a dual braking system to navigate quickly and conveniently around the city. The price range of Gotrax XR is around $400
- 0AH LG battery which can offer 16 to 17 miles when fully charged
- Easy portable folding design
- Cruise control system
- 5 inches shock-absorbing tires
- Max speed features by XR ultra is 15.5 mph(24.944kph)
- Dual braking mechanism
- The back fender doesn’t feature LED lights.
- Bell situated a bit far from the handle.
A 48 V 600-watt BLDC motor powers APOLLO city. Apollo city can achieve a speed of 25 miles per hour(40.2336 kph). This single motor e-scooter features a 48 V 13.2 aH battery.
Moreover, Apollo city tends to provide 28 miles(45.0616 km) of range when fully charged. Apollo city features folding handles and stems for portable and convenient commuting. Dual spring suspension backed by 8.5 inches pneumatic rear and front tires for comfortable commuting. Apollo city has a rear drum and front disc brakes.
It features a compact folded dimension of around 41.3″ x 7.7″ x 13.9″ inches. Apollo city can bear a maximum load of 265 pounds.
- It features a powerful motor of 600 watts.
- 2 AH battery which can last for 28 miles
- Features a top speed of around 25 miles per hour(40.2336 kph)
- Pneumatic front and rear tires with dual spring suspensions
- Features drum on the rear and disc brake on the front.
- Can bear max load of around 265 pounds
HIBOY MAX and Hiboy, in general, are quality performance models featuring a powerful motor of 350 watts. By using HIBOY max, you can keep track of your mileage or route on the LED display. HIBOY max tends to achieve 17 miles per hour(27.35km).
One of this scooter’s key features is that it can climb hills due to this 15% more powerful motor. The easy one-step folding system is what makes it the best commuter scooter.
Hiboy max features disc braking and an E-ABS braking system to ensure responsive and efficient braking. HIBOY max features Bluetooth. Therefore, you can connect your Scooter via Bluetooth. It comes with a price tag of $420.
- Dual headlights for better vision
- Can provide 17 miles(27.3588 km) when fully charged
- Easy folding
- Can climb hills easily.
- Comfortable commuting
- Poor Bluetooth connectivity
- Not waterproof
Hover 1 – Journey Electric Folding Scooter has a motor of 300W. It ensures the maximum speed of up to 14 mph(22.5kph). It has a UL reliable battery pack of 36 V and almost takes 5 hours for complete charging.
The range is quite good. Its battery can last for 16 miles(25.74km), which means you can commute without fear of the battery dying early. Since it is foldable, it provides a better user experience and an easy form of commuting. It has a max weight limit of 264 lbs(119.74kg).
It has Electronic as well as foot brakes to stop the scooter safely. Moreover, the Hover 1 – Journey Electric Folding Scooter comes with LED headlights and brake lights for ease ride, especially at night. Its 8.5 inches tires can handle any track with excellent stability. This makes the hover-1 the best commuter scooter.
- High Battery Life
- Foldable design
- High weight carrying capacity
- Ease of use
- Medium Speed
- Replacement / Repairing
Jetson quest wins the list over other commuter scooters when it comes to the operating range. It features a powerful motor of 250W, which offers a speed of up to 15 mph(24.14 kph). The Jetson Quest Electric Scooter’s working time is 18 miles(28.96km), which is enough for an adult.
Its battery charging time is about 4-6 hours. It can also carry a weight of 220 lbs(99.79kg). Since this scooter has LED headlights and trailing lights, it ensures safety while riding at night. Additionally, its feature also includes an LCD that shows speed, speed mode & battery charge.
Moreover, it is lightweight & quick fold, ensuring the greater portability of the scooter. You need to know that it does not have an ip54 rating for waterproof, so be careful when riding in the rain.
- High Speed
- High operating time
- LCD screen
- Not water resistant
With robust motors and pneumatic tires, Mega wheels S11X is another e-scooter for commuting. It has a speed of 15.6 mph(25.10kph) and a 350W brushless motor. Its battery is rated 7.500 Ah, which lasts for 16 miles(25.74km). Wow!
It takes 4 hours for its complete charging. It Supports 3-speed modes which you can change whenever you want. It has a dual braking system, an electronic brake, and a drum brake to maximize safety.
Mega wheels S11X has a weight limit of 260 lbs(117.9kg). Moreover, it has an LCD screen which shows the battery charge & speed of the scooter. Its additional features include an LED headlight & brake handle. It is also foldable, therefore increases its portability.
- High Speed
- Powerful motor
- Dual Braking system
- LCD display
- Durable paddles
- High weight carrying capacity
- Ease of use
Swagtron has an electric hub motor of 250W. It can produce a top speed of 18 mph(28.96 kph). Swagtron has a powerful 36V lithium-ion battery pack. It also has an operating time of 12 miles(19.31 km). But it has 3.5 hours of fast charging time, so you don’t have to worry at all! Swagtron 5t is capable of running at 20o slopes.
It can support a rider weight of up to 320 lbs as it has a rugged aluminum frame. Since it is foldable, therefore you can take it anywhere without further cost. The LED headlight will help you out at night. Besides, if you connect it to the swagger app, you can control all of its features. It has a rear disk braking system to stop it safely. Moreover, it has a GPS feature to track your location from your mobile. The price range of Swagtron 5t is around $300.
- High speed
- Powerful battery
- Fast charging time
- High weight carrying capacity
- GPS feature
- Medium operating time
- It does not have any water resistance.
XPRIT 10″ Pro is the powerful solution, as soon as the scooter’s mileage is concerned. Its brushless 350W brushless hub motor is enough to ensure 18.6 miles(28.96 km) coverage. It can achieve a top speed of 15.5 mph(24.94 kph), while it has a strong 10Ah / 36V battery pack. It can support up to 264 lbs rider weight.
The updated brake system consists of an electric & rear disc brake system means you don’t have to worry about stopping it safely. Its 10 inch solid tires help you in every kind of terrain you want to commute. It is now upgraded and consists of 3 gear speed modes as eco, comfort & sport respectively. The XPRIT 10″ Pro is now available with an advanced LED display dashboard. You can see your speed gear mode & battery level from there. It is also portable means its folding technology enables you to take it anywhere without any tension.
- High operating range
- High Speed
- Powerful motor & battery
- Dual braking system
- Three gears Mode
- LED dashboard
- Instant deceleration when brakes applied
Buying Guide for the Best electric scooter for commuting
Cities are becoming more populated as more people move to towns in search of employment. The search for a living has also led to an increase in the number of motor vehicles on the road, and this has, in turn, led to an increase in traffic jams. To mitigate this shortcoming, more workers are opting to use scooters for their daily commute. Here are some factors you should consider before purchasing one.
Factors to consider when purchasing an e-scooter for commuting
Motor & Power
Depending on your workplace’s distance from home, you need to consider getting yourself a scooter with speed. The power system of a scooter will consist of a battery that drives the motor. This can either be lead acid or lithium ones. The lead-acid batteries are the cheapest but hard to maintain and do not contain a lot of power like the lithium ones. Suppose you are looking for something to commute with check-out batteries with more than 250W of power. If you will be handling hilly terrain, then the power of around 500W and above would be ideal.
Scooter motors can either run on-chain or belt drive systems. Both have their pros and cons. The belt drive system is quieter but still needs constant replacement and does not last as long as the chain drive. More powerful scooters will come with chain drives. The scooter motor is located at the hub of the wheel. Been brushless means you have less friction and therefore less heat generation.
The battery and motor will influence the speed of the scooter. Some of the fastest scooters are known to hit top speeds of up to 40 mph. For commuting, anything close to 15 mph works just fine. You also need to check out your local city laws to uncover the speed limits. Some do not allow scooters to go over 15 mph.
This is how much a scooter will go on a full charge. A range of 30 to 40 miles is okay for getting you to and from work. Note that range will also be influenced by rider weight, speed, weather patterns, and battery type. Close to the range is the charging time. This is the average time it takes to charge your scooter fully. You must get how long or miles it takes you to get to work and back. If you have a scooter with a fast-charging system, then you can recharge your scooter at work. Charging times of 3 to 5 hours are good, but those offering more than 10 hours charging times can be frustrating to work with. You may also need to check out accessories been offered with your scooters like headlights, pedestrian bells, mudguards, or Bluetooth connectivity.
BEST OVERALL ELECTRIC SCOOTER:
RAZOR – ECOSMART METRO HD
Razor Ecosmart Metro HD is the Best E-scooter for Commuting. Some of the main features for selecting this scooter are:
- Comfortable padded seating suitable for everyone
- Razor eco-smart features 16-inch air-filled tires for smooth, comfortable commuting even on irregular terrain.
- Supported with easy twist grip handle throttle backed by smooth and responsive braking makes it convenient for adults.
- Razor- EcoSmart Metro HD features a detachable carrier for carrying groceries, bags, books, and more.
- Razor- EcoSmart Metro HD proffers a tubular steel frame for a sturdy and stable ride.
DUALTRON MINI, with all the features, is undoubtedly the best e-scooter for commuting on our list. Dualtron mini is expensive, but the money value.
- Dualtron mini features an exquisite motor to deliver power enough for an impressive top speed of 32 mph(51.49 kph).
- DUALTRON MINI features multiple lightings front, rear tail light supported front wheel, bodyside, and steering tube led lighting.
- Apart from having an impressive top speed, DUALTRON mini provides exquisite miles per charge. Featuring both these qualities is what makes this scooter the best for commuting on our list.
- Dualtron mini features a high-quality design.
FASTEST ELECTRIC SCOOTER FOR COMMUTING:
DUALTRON MINI (FASTEST ELECTRIC SCOOTER)
Dualtron mini is the fastest electric scooter on our list. Dualtron mini tends to reach a maximum speed of 32 mph(51.499 kph).
- Being the fastest, it weighs around 48 pounds, a bit heavy. But you can’t find any fully-featured scooter at this weight.
- Dualtron mini is powered by a massive 735-watt motor, which makes it superior to other scooters competing in the same category.
APOLLO CITY (2nd FASTEST SCOOTER)
APOLLO CITY is the second-fastest scooter on our list, with a maximum of 25 miles per hour(40.23 kph). APOLLO city offers 0 to 24 km/h ECG certified in 4.3 seconds.
- Apollo features a 600 watts powerful motor in this scooter to ensure high-quality performance.
- Apollo city can climb a 10% grade hill of 60 meters in 13.9 seconds while maintaining a speed of 15.8 km/h
- APOLLO CITY is one of the safest scooters in its price category since it features three independent braking mechanisms.
NINEBOT KICK SCOOTER MAX (3rd FASTEST SCOOTER)
Ninebot kick scooter max is one of the biggest and heaviest scooters available. However, being plump and big, yet it still makes the list of the fastest scooter. Ninebot kick scooter features a single 350-watt motor, which ensures a maximum speed of around 18.6 mph(28.96 kph) for approximately 40 miles(64.37 km) range.
- Ninebot kick scooter is a great electric scooter for commuting. It features large sized 10 inches tires bolstered by full, smooth working suspensions—a soft, convenient riding without any fuss.
- Ninebot kick scooter has one flaw that this scooter weighs around 41.2 pounds. These make these scooters challenging to carry and are less portable.
Best Long Range electric scooters for commuting?
NINEBOT KICK SCOOTER MAX BY SEGWAY
- Ninebot KICK SCOOTER is the best long-range scooter for commuting.
- Its operating time is about 40.4 miles(65.01 km). It offers you extra mileage, comfortable & high-quality commuting.
- It is enough for you to go for a long and comfortable ride with your friends.
- Furthermore, Ninebot supports riding on 200 slopes. So if there are slopes & hills in your path, it will help throughout your way.
- DUALTRON MINI is the second-best long-range electric scooter, in our opinion.
- Its mileage is 34 miles(54.71 kph), ensuring you return home safely from shopping or elsewhere.
- DUALTRON MINI gives you extra mileage due to one of the best 735W electric motors & a robust 52V 17.5 Ah Li-ion battery.
- Want to climb a hill? Dualtron Mini made this possible for you. The only exception is that the slope or elevation must not exceed 280.
The third best long-range electric scooter, in our opinion, is Apollo City making it one of the best long-range electric scooters for commuting.
- It has an operating time of 28 mph(45.06 kph) depending upon the battery charging.
- Its dual spring suspension system ensures a comfortable ride on rough terrain.
- Moreover, the powerful 600W electric motor, 48V 13.2 Ah battery & 8.5-inch tires mainly contribute to its high range.
- It can support up to 150 slopes with great comfort.
Why should you pick an electric scooter over other vehicles?
Electric scooters are more efficient than other vehicles in terms of cost and great transportation options. According to case studies, an average electric scooter costs around 2.93$ per year, 5 miles of daily transport. Apart from being fuel-efficient, e-scooters are environment-friendly. An E-scooter requires lower maintenance than an ordinary vehicle. One main reason for picking these e-scooters is that you won’t be affected by traffic.
Electric Scooter VS other vehicles:
- The electric scooter offers comfortable, convenient traffic less commuting. By using an electric scooter, traffic will not bother you. However, driving vehicles in crowded traffic seems quite irritating.
- Electric scooters are cost-efficient. Electric Scooter requires lesser and cheaper maintenance than an ordinary vehicle.
- An electric scooter doesn’t emit any emission as it is electrically powered. However, a standard engine-powered vehicle emits radiation. Therefore electric scooters are environment friendly.
Public transport VS Electric Scooter:
- By using an electric scooter, you aren’t timetable restricted. Moreover, you are free to go wherever you want. However, in public transport, you have to follow timetables and schedules.
- Sometimes you have to stand in a crowded area when you are using public transport. However, that’s not the case when you use an electric scooter.
- Public transport is the source for the spreading of illness because many people use it. You won’t be facing these issues while using an e-scooter for commuting.
Bus VS Scooter commute:
- The scooter provides easy, comfortable commuting whenever and however, you want. Using the bus for commuting makes you time-restricted.
- Scooter saves ample time as it won’t stop for other passengers, unlike buses.
- Using buses, you would have to stand while the bus is full. Meanwhile, you can have a convenient and fuss-free commute by using e-scooters.
Train VS Electric Scooters
- Trains are fast but as well as quite noisy as compared to electric scooters.
- Eradicates waiting for the train to go from one city to another; instead, you can use your electric scooter.
- Of course, you need maximum capital to own a caravan.
- You can easily control an electric scooter rather than a train, for which you need proper coaching.
Driving a car VS Electric Scooter
- You require much less money to drive an electric scooter as compared to driving a car.
- You can’t get through a jam-packed traffic route to reach your office on time driving a car. Instead, you drive an electric scooter.
- You need a license to drive a car, but you won’t, except for some states of the USA in the case of an electric scooter.
- Driving a car contributes to pollution while electric scooters surely not.
Cycling VS Electric Scooter
- You can hardly go 1-2 miles by cycling as your energy won’t support you. Besides, electric scooters can go as much as 12-18 miles easily at one go.
- If you have to go somewhere in a hurry, electric scooters surely help you while cycling does not.
- Cycling won’t support you to drive on rough terrain while electric scooters do.
Walking VS Electric Scooter for commuting
- Walking is a good exercise, but you can’t get to your office or somewhere necessary on time while walking.
- You could be thirsty after walking at some distance.
- Your legs and knees would not be affected by excessive riding on an electric bike while walking it does.
- Walking from your home to the grocery shop would take more time than on an electric scooter.
Electric Scooter VS Electric Bike
- Usually, an electric bike’s battery life is short as compared to an electric scooter.
- The weight of an electric bike is relatively more solemn than that of an electric scooter.
- Electric scooters are portable due to their folding ability, while electric bikes do not have folding technology.
- As far as price is concerned electric scooters are within your means as compared to electric bikes.
Staying safe on the road when commuting with an electric scooter
While commuting with an electric scooter, you must keep the following point in your mind
- Wear a safety helmet.
- Apply brakes gradually to stop your scooter; otherwise, it might skid.
- Don’t drive too harshly on a traffic jam route.
- Every time you decide to ride an electric scooter, properly check battery charging, LED lights functioning & other parts of it.
- Ride your electric scooter on a side road or in streets rather than in between different vehicles.
- Don’t try to show off by performing stunts in front of people.
- Must validate yourself with the weight requirement of a particular electric scooter; otherwise, there are chances you might get hurt, or there is performance deficiency.
Purchasing an electric scooter
Everyone wants a scooter that supports the best features at an affordable price. However, there are some necessary parameters you have to look at when buying.
- RANGE: You should look or ask for a scooter that can deliver several miles per charge. No one would want a scooter that requires frequent charging and offers less mileage. Therefore look for one that proffers more miles per charge. Our list DUALTRON MINI and NINEBOT kick scooter propose plenty of miles per charge, 34 miles and 40.4 miles, respectively.
- SPEED: Speed and acceleration are necessary for a scooter to climb steep hills. Therefore you should ask about the speed of each scooter you prefer.
- DURABILITY AND PORTABILITY: E-scooters are known for their portability. Therefore buying one that isn’t feasible to carry is of no use. We recommend you to look or ask for scooters that proffer easy and compact folding. Moreover, it should be durable.
- PRICE: None of us would like to buy an overpriced scooter. However, you need features, speed, and range in modish rates. Therefore selecting a scooter that suits its price tag is necessary.
What to ask before purchasing an electric scooter?
How much time requires the battery for a full charge, and how long does it last?
A standard charger could take about 6-8 hours approximately to charge the battery. However, a fast charger with the e-scooter takes almost 3-6 hours for a complete battery charge.
The operating time always varies from one to another. The perfect electric Scooter like Ninebot KickScooter MAX by Segway, Dualtron Mini & Apollo city can last for 40.5 miles, 32 miles & 25 miles, respectively. However, other electric scooters have a range of around 12-19 miles.
How portable is the scooter?
The weight, size & folding ability of an e-scooter defines its portability. An electric scooter has high weight & larger size cannot be much portable beside it has the folding ability, lesser size & weight.
The electric scooters listed have various portable/folding designs. It depends on folding mechanisms. Handle folding, Handlebars, Stem folding, telescoping stem, etc., are some of the folding tools which make your electric scooter as compact as possible to increase its portability.
What is the warranty period of the scooter, its original parts, and its accessories?
The warranty for electric scooters is generally limited to manufacturer defect only. It means that a warrant is only applicable if there is a defect in the scooter’s body material while shipping.
It will not cover its accessories like handle grips, brakes, tires, and others, so if you find any defect after receiving a particular electric scooter, contact the manufacturer or the marketplace from where you have bought it.
Please note that you claim your warranty within the warranty period; instead, the manufacturer is not held responsible. Furthermore, you can read the detailed company’s guidelines about the security on their respective sites.
Do you need a license or insurance required for an e-scooter?
You don’t need any license to drive or ride a scooter all across the US. However, in California, they have strict rules. You require a driver’s license or permit to ride across California. Moreover, in NYC, the rider only requires a helmet, and he should be above 18 to ride an e-scooter.
The insurance of your scooter depends on your local law. Electric Scooter doesn’t require insurance. However, if you can get one, it will help you by paying if your scooter is broken or stolen.
Does an electric scooter work appropriately in the rain?
We do not recommend riding on your electric scooter while it’s raining. However, some scooter brands feature waterproof accessories.
What safety equipment should I have before riding?
It is mandatory to wear safety equipment for your protection. Safety equipment includes gloves, helmets, or any other safety gear you can have. These can provide you safety when you crash into something or skidding.
E-scooter is a great transportation option. Either you need to go to work, college, or just for fun. Scooters give you the flexibility to maneuver with ease of traffic jams. Today, electric scooters have a more extended range of up to 40 miles and can travel at high speeds of over 45 mph.
In this blog, we have provided you with the best electric scooter for commuting. And we recommend you go through the blog thoroughly and choose the scooter that best suits your needs. All the scooters mentioned in this blog are selected carefully to meet every person’s needs.
However, make sure to check the local laws regarding the speed limit and other e-scooter rules before buying the scooter.