Electric scooters are great because they are personal electronic transit devices that make street and city navigation easy and fast. If you live in a metropolitan, then you have probably seen a few people on their scooters. Scooters are so popular that they are readily available for hire. However, this is not a wise decision as there are many scooters for whatever reasonable budget you have.
Electric scooters are available everywhere from online stores such as Amazon to actual physical electric scooter dealerships near you. A great plus for electric scooters is that they are easy to earn to ride. If you have never used an electric scooter before, the learning curve is short.
All you need to do is follow the instructions on the manual and balance on the deck and you’re good to go. Electric scooters also come with a portable design known as foldability. This allows the scooter to be folded into a small and compact package suitable for carrying and transporting in your vehicle’ trunk or in public means such as the subway.
When looking for an electric scooter for a teen, there are a few factors to consider. These factors include the weight of the rider, the power of the motor, and ease of use.
- 1 Best Electric Scooter for teens – Compare
- 1.1 Check out the list of the top scooters for teenagers
- 1.1.1 Glion Dolly – Foldable Electric Scooter
- 1.1.2 Pros
- 1.1.3 View Price on Amazon
- 1.1.4 View Price on electricspokes.com
- 1.1.5 NANROBOT D4+ – High-Speed Electric Scooter
- 1.1.6 Pros
- 1.1.7 Cons
- 1.1.8 View Price on Amazon
- 1.1.9 GOTRAX GXL – Commuting Electric Scooter
- 1.1.10 Pros
- 1.1.11 Cons
- 1.1.12 View Price on Amazon
- 1.1.13 Swagger 5 – City Electric Scooter
- 1.1.14 Pros
- 1.1.15 Cons
- 1.1.16 View Price on Amazon
- 1.2 Conclusion
- 1.1 Check out the list of the top scooters for teenagers
Best Electric Scooter for teens – Compare
Max Range (Miles)
Call to action
Swagger 5 City
Check out the list of the top scooters for teenagers
Glion Dolly – Foldable Electric Scooter
The Glion Dolly is arguable the best commuting electric scooter there is today and there are lots of reasons for this title. We decide to include it also on the “Best Electric Scooter For Teens” buying guide. It is also a powerful electric scooter with a motor that provides an astounding 250 Watts of power. This powerful motor propels the scooter to a high top speed of 15 mph.
The motor however does not only serve speed. It also allows the scooter to climb steep slopes with ease as well as ride on rough terrain. This makes it suitable for off-road driving. But that’s not even the fascinating part of the scooter. With all this power, this is one of the quietest motors in the market.
What is most unique about the Glion Dolly Electric Scooter though is the battery design it uses. It features a high voltage battery that provides 36 V of voltage. This battery is amazing because it takes a very short time to fully charge requiring only 3.25 hours. You also need not worry about charging it again once you leave the house because you get 15 miles of range on a single full charge.
This is ample to get you through the day without worrying about the scooter dying on you. On top of this, this scooter can support a maximum user weight of 220lbs.
The Glion Dolly electric scooter comes with relatively huge tires that are large for maximum stability and comfort at high speeds. Other features include an LED display that is quite clear in the sun and a folding mechanism for portability, front fork suspension, and antilock brakes with rear foot-activated press brakes. The following are the pros and cons of the Glion Dolly
- It features a powerful 250 Watt powered motor. This powerful motor propels the scooter to a high top speed of 15 mph
- It also allows the scooter to climb steep slopes with ease as well as ride on rough terrain making it suitable for off-road driving
- The powerful motor is remarkable quiet
- The Glion Dolly has relatively huge tires are large for maximum stability and comfort at high speeds
- The high voltage battery takes only 3.25 hour to fully charge which is a really short time
- It can support a maximum riser weight of 220lbs.
- The powerful battery provides a high range of up to 15 miles on a single charge
- It features a front fork suspension and antilock brakes with rear foot-activated press brakes for the best braking experience
- You get great value for money
- It has a strong build for durability and longevity
NANROBOT D4+ – High-Speed Electric Scooter
The D4+ electric scooter by NANROBOT is the predecessor of the D5+. Both these electric scooters are premium high-end electric scooters that will put a dent in your pocket. But we guarantee that this price tag is worth it. The D4+ is an amazing electric scooter with all modern features that can be found in an electric scooter today. It is known for its quiet yet powerful motors that enable a top speed of 40mph or 64kph.
This is a very high speed for an electric scooter. To achieve this feat, the D4+ is equipped with two powerful motors each producing 1000W of power. This means you get 2000W of power every time you’re on the scooter. The motors are located at the front and rear, one on each end.
These powerful dual motors also provide an insane range of 45 miles or 72 km. This enables the rider to get through their daily activities comfortably without having to worry about the battery capacity. However, this range may vary depending on the weight of the rider. The D4+ also has six shock absorbers for the ultimate comfort ride.
Four of these are at the front while two are at the back. They work together to provide amazing suspension when riding on rough terrain. The wheels of this scooter are also built for suspension and versatile terrain. It is fitted with 10-inch pneumatic tires with excellent shock absorption and anti-skid treads for safe riding. They are also great for rough terrain and off-road.
A standout feature of this electric scooter however is the safety emergency braking system. It is fitted with an EBS disc brake system that enables smooth braking during emergencies and prevents collision. At an additional fee, the D4+ comes with a detachable seat to provide the rider with different riding experiences.
It also has a quick folding mechanism that enables folding and unfolding in seconds. The following are its pros and cons
- Quiet operation
- The scooter comes with a detachable seat to provide the rider with a different riding experience
- It is fitted with 10-inch pneumatic tires with excellent shock absorption and anti-skid treads for safe riding
- The powerful dual motors also provide an insane range of 45 miles or 72 km
- The maximum weight capacity of this scooter is 150 kg
- It is very fast and has a top speed of 40mph
- The scooter is versatile and can ride comfortably on rough terrain
- It is expensive
- the detachable seat is only available at an additional fee
- Not great when going up steep hills
GOTRAX GXL – Commuting Electric Scooter
The GOTRAX GXL is one of the most common electric scooters out there. It is popular and readily available on online stores such as Amazon or at your nearby electric scooter dealer. This lightweight design also enhances its portability making it easier for handling when traveling or packing.
It is fitted with 8.5-inch pneumatic tires that act as the suspension system for the scooter. They are average-sized tires that also provide comfort and stability for the rider. These tires are also great for less than ideal road conditions such as sidewalks and pavements.
To propel the GXL scooter, the GXL is equipped with a powerful 250 Watt motor. This powerful motor provides a top speed of 15mph and supports a maximum weight capacity of 220lbs, which is the average weight for a grown adult. The motor together with the battery is also responsible for the long-range this scooter provides.
On a single full charge, the GXL electric scooter can last up to 12 miles which is a lot even for a campus student. This range is however affected by the weight of the rider and may reduce if the rider is heavy.
The battery fitted inside the GXL is powerful and with a high voltage of 36 V that takes only 4 hours to fully charge. Now 4 hours may seem like a lot of time but in the scooter world, this is quite little. The stem is ergonomic and long measuring 38inches between the handlebars and the deck.
This is ideal for the rider’s posture and comfort while riding. Other great features include: a handbrake for emergency stops especially at high speeds, cruise control features, strong and sturdy frames for durability, and a lock mechanism for the safety of your scooter. The following are the pros and cons of this scooter.
- It weighs just 26.4lbs, making it easy to carry
- It is fitted with 8.5-inch pneumatic tires that act as the suspension system for the scooter. They are average-sized tires that also provide comfort and stability for the rider
- The GXL is equipped with a powerful 250 Watt motor. This powerful motor provides a high top speed of 15mph
- The stem is ergonomic and long measuring 38 inches between the handlebars and the deck. This is ideal for the rider’s posture and comfort while riding
- On a single full charge, the GXL electric scooter can last up to 12 miles which is a lot even for a campus student
- The large battery takes a short time to charge needing 4 hours to fully charge.
- It comes with a strong and sturdy frame for durability
- The GXL features a handbrake for emergency stops especially at high speeds
- It is affordable and offers great value for the money.
- It is not ideal for off-roading and rough terrain
- Not suitable for heavy adults as the weight limit of 220lbs is low
Swagger 5 – City Electric Scooter
The Swagger 5 City scooter is known as one of the best electric scooters for heavy adults on a budget. We are aware that price is a huge factor and Swagger City is the perfect balance between a budget-friendly scooter and a heavy adult scooter.
Manufactured and released by the famous Swagtron Company, you cannot go wrong with this scooter. It has a maximum rider limit of 320lbs. or 145 kg. The scooter itself weighs 27.5 lbs. which is rather a little for a scooter with so many great features.
For portability, Swagger City has a folding mechanism that collapses it for easier storage. It folds small enough to fit in the car trunk, under the subway seats, and inside a closet. On top of this, it is fitted with a powerful 250 Watt motor that propels the scooter to up to 18 mph.
To power the scooter, there is a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that provides up to 12 miles of travel. This range varies depending on the weight of the rider and the terrain of the road. The pressure of the wheels also affects the range. It however only needs only 3.5 hours to fully charge.
Swagger City is known for its striking looks and amazing build. It features a nice aluminum frame with gorgeous touches and finishes. The following are its pros and cons
- It is great for heavy riders on a budget.
- The Swagger City has an aluminum build frame for durability
- It features a powerful 250 Watt motor that provides a top speed of 18mph
- The battery needs only 3.5 hours for a full charge which is rather short
- It is fitted with a very quiet hub motor
- It has a low range of only up to 12 miles
An electric scooter can be great fun for your teen, son, or daughter. By choosing the right scooter for your child, you are able to guarantee their safety on the scooter. Keeping those in mind we created our “Best Electric Scooter For Teens” buying guide. If you are looking for a fast scooter, we recommend the Swagger City electric scooter. If you’re looking for something budget-friendly, the Glio Dolly would be a great choice for you.