Electric scooters are great because they are personal electronic transit devices that make street and city navigation easy and fast. If you live in a metropolitan, then you have probably seen a few people on their scooters. Scooters are so popular that they are readily available for hire. However, this is not a wise decision as there are many scooters for whatever reasonable budget you have.
Electric scooters are available everywhere from online stores such as Amazon to actual physical electric scooter dealerships near you. A great plus for electric scooters is that they are easy to earn to ride. If you have never used an electric scooter before, the learning curve is short.
All you need to do is follow the instructions on the manual and balance on the deck and you’re good to go. Electric scooters also come with a portable design known as foldability. This allows the scooter to be folded into a small and compact package suitable for carrying and transporting in your vehicle’s trunk or in public means such as the subway.
When looking for an electric scooter for a teen, there are a few factors to consider. These factors include the weight of the rider, the power of the motor, and ease of use.
- 1 Compare the Best Electric Scooter for Teens
- 1.1 Xiaomi Mi 365 Pro – Best Overall
- 1.2 Hiboy S2 Pro – Fastest Electric Scooter for Teens
- 1.3 Jetson Quest – Best long-range electric scooter for teens
- 1.4 Razor E300S – Seated Electric Scooter for Teens
- 1.5 Segway Air T15 – Most Compatible Electric Scooter for Teen Girls
- 1.6 Glion Dolly – Foldable Electric Scooter
- 1.7 GOTRAX GXL – Commuting Electric Scooter
- 1.8 Hover-1 Aviator – Best for Heavy Teens
- 1.9 Pulse Performance-Sonic XL – Most Cheapest Electric Scooter for Teens
- 1.10 Razor E-Prime Air
- 1.11 Swagtron Swagger 8 – Best Lightweight for Teens
- 2 Best overall Electric Scooter
- 3 Fastest Electric Scooter for Teens
- 4 Best Long-range Electric Scooter for Teens
- 5 Most Compatible Electric Scooter for Teen Girls
- 6 Guides and Tips for a Teen Using an Electric Scooter
- 7 FAQs.
- 8 Conclusion
Compare the Best Electric Scooter for Teens
Max Range (Miles)
Call to action
Xiaomi Mi 365Pro
Pulse Performance-Sonic XL
Razor E-Prime Air
Segway Air T15
Swagtron Swagger 8
Xiaomi Mi 365 Pro – Best Overall
Mi 365Pro has a very cool, sleek design. The red accent on the black electric scooter doubles the beauty. A single button can control the clean LCD.
Mi 365Pro has a 42V battery, which powers a 300-watt motor up to the speed of 25kmp/h. The battery itself has a range of 45km along the short circuit, overcharging and over-discharging protection.
8.5-inch pneumatic tires absorb shocks and make the ride very smooth and comfortable. Moreover, it has a bright headlight and red tail light to warn when braking.
- The 46V battery has a pretty good range of 45km.
- A single button can control the LCD.
- Mi 365Pro has a strong and rigid aluminum body.
- 5-inch tires give you a very smooth ride.
Hiboy S2 Pro – Fastest Electric Scooter for Teens
Hiboy S2 Pro is a durable, reliable, and comfortable electric scooter by Hiboy. The stable scooter is made from high-quality aluminum alloy. Aluminum doesn’t only give strength; it also makes the scooter lighter, as it only weighs 36.3lbs (16.4kg). You can control the LCD with a single button.
S2 Pro can go to the maximum speed of 19mph(30kmp/h) with its 350W brushless motor. A 36V battery powers the engine. The battery will give you 25miles(40km) or 1.5 hours of the continuous ride on a full charge.
10inch tires of this electric scooter combine with double front and rear shock absorbers to give you a smooth ride on rough terrain.
- Tires and shock absorbers make the ride very comfortable and smooth.
- The large and bright display helps you keep track of battery, modes, and speed.
- LED lights make you visible during the night.
- It takes around 6 hours to charge the electric scooter fully.
Jetson Quest – Best long-range electric scooter for teens
Jetson Quest is the best electric scooter to take you through your daily commutes. The leather handgrip with chrome accents and a cool LCD gives a modern look to this scooter.
The 250watt motor of this electric scooter can quickly get to the speed of 15mph(25kmph). A 36V battery powers its motor. The battery gives 18 miles(29km) ride when fully charged.
Headlight and taillight are very bright and helps a lot at night when riding.
- A 36V battery can easily take you through your entire day.
- The LCD is bright and displays all the necessary information.
- The scooter is lightweight and able to load 220lb(100kg).
- Disc brakes stop the scooter safely and quickly.
- Airless tires and a lack of suspensions make the ride bumpy on rough paths.
Razor E300S – Seated Electric Scooter for Teens
Razor E300S electric scooter is an excellent option for teens. It is available in three cool colors grey, white and pink.
You can use the scooter bumpily- thanks to its steel frame and big 9-inch pneumatic tires. the 250-watt motor present in the scooter delivers power through chains. E 300S has a maximum speed of 15mph(24kmp/h). The 24V battery will give you 40 minutes or 10miles(16km) of a ride. But it takes an immense 12 hours to charge.
The expansive 8-inch deck of the E 300S electric scooter is very comfortable to ride on. The scooter’s weight is 43lb(19kg) and can load 220lbs(100kg).
- Chin driven system will take you from 0 to maximum speed in seconds.
- E 300S has massive 9-inch tires; the ride on them is very smooth and comfortable.
- The motor is tranquil. You will merely hear a sound at top speed.
- The battery takes a lot of time (12 hours) to charge.
Segway Air T15 – Most Compatible Electric Scooter for Teen Girls
Segway-Air T15 is the most bendy and lightest electric scooter in the market. The scooter can bend to the height of only 8.7-inches. The scooter only weighs 10.5kg but is still able to load 100kg.
The 300W battery gives you a maximum speed of 12.4mph(20kmp/h). The 36V battery has a full range of 9.3miles(15km), and the battery takes 4 hours to charge.
7.5-inch front and 6-inch rear solid tires are comfortable on a flat surface. LCD is useful in low light and struggles in sunlight. The rear fender brake can change four-speed modes.
- The Air T15 is very light and easy to store.
- The scooter has 4-speed modes with overcharge protection.
- The maximum range is just 9.3 miles.
- Air T15 struggles a lot on rough terrain and slopes.
- Sports mode drains the battery very rapidly.
Glion Dolly – Foldable Electric Scooter
The Glion Dolly is arguable the best commuting electric scooter there is today and there are lots of reasons for this title. We decide to include it also on the “Best Electric Scooter For Teens” buying guide. It is also a powerful electric scooter with a motor that provides an astounding 250 Watts of power. This powerful motor propels the scooter to a high top speed of 15 mph.
The motor however does not only serve speed. It also allows the scooter to climb steep slopes with ease as well as ride on rough terrain. This makes it suitable for off-road driving. But that’s not even the fascinating part of the scooter. With all this power, this is one of the quietest motors in the market.
What is most unique about the Glion Dolly Electric Scooter though is the battery design it uses. It features a high voltage battery that provides 36 V of voltage. This battery is amazing because it takes a very short time to fully charge requiring only 3.25 hours. You also need not worry about charging it again once you leave the house because you get 15 miles of range on a single full charge.
This is ample to get you through the day without worrying about the scooter dying on you. On top of this, this scooter can support a maximum user weight of 220lbs.
The Glion Dolly electric scooter comes with relatively huge tires that are large for maximum stability and comfort at high speeds. Other features include an LED display that is quite clear in the sun and a folding mechanism for portability, front fork suspension, and antilock brakes with rear foot-activated press brakes. The following are the pros and cons of the Glion Dolly
- It features a powerful 250 Watt powered motor. This powerful motor propels the scooter to a high top speed of 15 mph
- It also allows the scooter to climb steep slopes with ease as well as ride on rough terrain making it suitable for off-road driving
- The powerful motor is remarkable quiet
- The Glion Dolly has relatively huge tires are large for maximum stability and comfort at high speeds
- The high voltage battery takes only 3.25 hour to fully charge which is a really short time
- It can support a maximum riser weight of 220lbs.
- The powerful battery provides a high range of up to 15 miles on a single charge
- It features a front fork suspension and antilock brakes with rear foot-activated press brakes for the best braking experience
- You get great value for money
- It has a strong build for durability and longevity
GOTRAX GXL – Commuting Electric Scooter
The GOTRAX GXL is one of the most common electric scooters out there. It is popular and readily available on online stores such as Amazon or at your nearby electric scooter dealer. This lightweight design also enhances its portability making it easier for handling when traveling or packing.
It is fitted with 8.5-inch pneumatic tires that act as the suspension system for the scooter. They are average-sized tires that also provide comfort and stability for the rider. These tires are also great for less than ideal road conditions such as sidewalks and pavements.
To propel the GXL scooter, the GXL is equipped with a powerful 250 Watt motor. This powerful motor provides a top speed of 15mph and supports a maximum weight capacity of 220lbs, which is the average weight for a grown adult. The motor together with the battery is also responsible for the long-range this scooter provides.
On a single full charge, the GXL electric scooter can last up to 12 miles which is a lot even for a campus student. This range is however affected by the weight of the rider and may reduce if the rider is heavy.
The battery fitted inside the GXL is powerful and with a high voltage of 36 V that takes only 4 hours to fully charge. Now 4 hours may seem like a lot of time but in the scooter world, this is quite little. The stem is ergonomic and long measuring 38inches between the handlebars and the deck.
This is ideal for the rider’s posture and comfort while riding. Other great features include: a handbrake for emergency stops especially at high speeds, cruise control features, strong and sturdy frames for durability, and a lock mechanism for the safety of your scooter. The following are the pros and cons of this scooter.
- It weighs just 26.4lbs, making it easy to carry
- It is fitted with 8.5-inch pneumatic tires that act as the suspension system for the scooter. They are average-sized tires that also provide comfort and stability for the rider
- The GXL is equipped with a powerful 250 Watt motor. This powerful motor provides a high top speed of 15mph
- The stem is ergonomic and long measuring 38 inches between the handlebars and the deck. This is ideal for the rider’s posture and comfort while riding
- On a single full charge, the GXL electric scooter can last up to 12 miles which is a lot even for a campus student
- The large battery takes a short time to charge needing 4 hours to fully charge.
- It comes with a strong and sturdy frame for durability
- The GXL features a handbrake for emergency stops especially at high speeds
- It is affordable and offers great value for the money.
- It is not ideal for off-roading and rough terrain
- Not suitable for heavy adults as the weight limit of 220lbs is low
Hover-1 Aviator – Best for Heavy Teens
Aviator stands out in the crowd due to its unique color. It has sort of a gradient on the stem that looks cool. Despite weighing only 21lb(9.5kg), the electric scooter is powerful and durable.
The scooter has a 300watt brushless motor. Motor steers the scooter to the speed of 15mph(24kmp/h). It works great on a flat surface and faces difficulty when going uphill and rough terrain. Small 6 inches tires add up the discomfort on the uneven surface.
The Aviator packs a 24V battery that gives you 7miles(11.2km) when fully charged.
- The unique design stands out among other electric scooters.
- The powerful motor can take you to a decent speed.
- Small tires
- The range is just 7 miles; further, it takes 5 hours to charge the scooter.
Pulse Performance-Sonic XL – Most Cheapest Electric Scooter for Teens
Sonic XL comes in black with a pretty cool yellow accent. The heavy-duty steel body is firm and durable.
The steel frame provides extra protection and rigidity to this electric scooter. Sonic XL has a 200W motor. The chain-driven system of this electric scooter has a maximum speed of 13mph(21kmp/h). A 24V lead-acid battery powers scooter. The scooter will give you a 40-minute ride when fully charged.
Sonic XL has instant throttle response from twist throttle, and the caliper hand brake works great together. An oversized deck enables you to control it easily.
- Air-filled tyres give a very smooth and comfortable ride.
- Balance and control of Sonic XL are exceptional.
- The chain-driven system is very efficient and delivers power.
- The scooter can only load 150lb(68kg).
- The battery is small as it only lasts 40 minutes.
E Prime Air electric scooter is comfortable, stylish, and a performer even under challenging conditions. Front-wheel is packed with a 250W motor that can move the scooter with a speed of 15mph(24kmp/h).
There is a 36V lithium-ion battery on the deck. On a single charge, it will go for 7.5miles(12km). The scooter has 8-inch tires. The front tire is pneumatic, while the rear tire is airless. The extensive deck of this electric scooter is very comfortable.
All these features are enduring on a sturdy and robust aluminum frame. The frame is lightweight and can load 200lb(91kg), and handlebars are also adjustable.
- The wide deck is very comfortable. And movable handlebars let you adjust it according to your height.
- This electric scooter has an outstanding maximum speed of 15mph(24kmp/h)
- The range is short.
- The absence of taillight and headlight makes it dangerous for us to ride in the night.
Swagtron Swagger 8 – Best Lightweight for Teens
Swagger 8 electric scooter is made for light people, as it can only carry a load of 150lb(68kg). The scooter only weighs only 12lb(5.5kg), making it very easy to move around the subway or office.
It has a small 200watt motor in its front tire. The battery has a maximum range of 10miles(16km) on a 3-hour charge.
Ride on this scooter is liquid smooth on rough pavement- thanks to 5.5-inch tires and double suspensions.
- Motors produce an astonishing speed of 15mph(24kmp/h).
- You can charge the battery in merely 3 hours.
- The electric scooter is very light and easy to handle.
- Kick to start feature saves 25% of battery life.
- The maximum load capacity is low (150lb or 68kg).
- The scooter does not have Bluetooth support.
Best overall Electric Scooter
Xiaomi Mi 365 Pro
Many reasons make My 365Pro the best electric scooter. The big 42V battery of this scooter can last for 45km at full speed. Moreover, it comes with overcharging and over-discharging protection. If you forget to unplug it, you don’t have to worry about the battery.
8.5-inch pneumatic tires make the ride comfortable on a rough path. Moreover, it has a bright headlight and red tail light to warn when braking. The scooter is easy to maintain and can work for years.
Things that make it the best electric scooter for teens.
- The 46V battery has a pretty good range of 45km.
- Mi 365Pro has a solid aluminum body.
- The scooter is effortless to maintain.
- 8.5-inch tires give you a very smooth ride.
Fastest Electric Scooter for Teens
Hiboy S2 Pro
Hiboy-S2Pro is the fastest on the list, with an astonishing speed of 19mph (30kmp/h). This electric scooter is run by a 350-watt brushless motor powered by a battery. Moving through the air at 19mph (30kmp/h) feels pretty good. 10-inch tires also absorb the shock to make the ride smoother.
Xiaomi Mi 365 Pro
The 300-watt motor of Mi 365Pro provides a speed of 25kmp/h. The sleek and light electric scooter is a delight to ride on. The scooter’s big battery will let you ride for 45km at full speed when fully charged. The ride on this scooter is very smooth.
Razor E-Prime Air
Razor-E Prime Air is in the list of the fastest electric scooters for teens. The scooter can easily touch the 15mph (24kmp/h) mark very quickly, all thanks to the 250-watt motor of E Prime Air. The ride on the scooter is thrilling because it only takes a few seconds to reach its maximum speed.
Best Long-range Electric Scooter for Teens
Jetson-Quest electric scooter can go for a long ride of 18miles (29km) very quickly when fully charged. The range can increase if you are riding at a slower speed. But riding at the rate of 15mph (25kmp/h) for 18miles (29km) is a treat, making it the best long-range electric scooter for teens.
Xiaomi Mi 365 Pro
Xiaomi-Mi 365Pro is the best scooter for a reason. The scooter is fast, but it also has a range of 45km when fully charged, due to which we have kept the scooter in the best long-range electric scooter for teens list. The long-range is because of its massive 42V battery. You can go through your daily routine on a single charge quite quickly.
Hiboy S2 Pro
Hiboy-S2Pro has a range of 25miles (40km) when fully charged. The scooter gets this range from its 36V battery. Battery charges in 6 hours and gives you a 25mile (40km) trip at the speed of 15mph (25kmp/h). This range is exceptional at this speed.
Most Compatible Electric Scooter for Teen Girls
Segway Air T15
Segway -Air T15 is the bendiest and light electric scooter as it only weighs 10.5kg and can fold to the height of 8.7inches. This scooter can reach a decent speed of 12.4mph (20kmp/h) and has a good range of 9.3miles (15km). All these features make it very compatible for teen girls.
Hover-1 Aviator is different from all the electric scooters because of its unique colors on the stem. The stem has sort of a gradient. Moreover, the scooter only weighs 21lb (9.5kg), making it an excellent option for teen girls. The top speed on this electric scooter is 15mph(24kmp/h) with a range of 7miles(11.2km).
Razor-E 300S is designed for teen boys and girls. It comes in three colors white, grey, and pink. The scooter is not only beautiful, but it is also firm. Decent top speed and maximum range make it very compatible for teen girls. Again, not many scooters have a pink color option, due to which many teen girls prefer this e-scooter.
Guides and Tips for a Teen Using an Electric Scooter
Safety must be your priority when riding an electric scooter.
- Always wear safety equipment, whether you are going to the next block or far.
- Do not ride in the rain because the water can be dangerous for the scooter.
- Keep an eagle eye on your surroundings when riding on roads.
- Check the tires and battery before moving.
Everyone wants to maintain their rides; so that the scooter can survive for a long time. Below are a few maintenance tips to keep your scooter in good shape.
- Make a habit of charging the battery to a full 100% in two to three days.
- Keep the moving parts well lubricated.
- Save the electric scooter from excess water.
- Store it in a dry place.
Advantages of an electric scooter
There are many benefits of having an electric scooter.
- Electric scooters produce zero pollution as they work entirely on electricity.
- You don’t require any license to ride an electric scooter.
- Electric scooters are easy to carry and compact. Moreover, you can very quickly steer through traffic with an electric scooter.
- Unlike motorbikes, the electric scooter is effortless to maintain.
Are electric scooters waterproof?
All electric scooters are not waterproof. So, it is better not to ride e-scooters during the rain. But some scooters are waterproof and can be used in the rain.
Are electric scooters dangerous?
Electric scooters are not dangerous, but the danger is always on the road. So, you must wear safety gear all the time.
What are the best electric scooters?
The scooter, which has excellent speed, a strong frame, and good range, is considered the best electric scooter.
Can electric scooters go uphill?
Yes, they can go uphill but not on very steep hills.
Electric scooters are the best option for teens, but often they buy hurriedly without proper research and regret them later. Therefore we believe you have read this blog thoroughly to get an appropriate idea to buy the best electric scooter for teens. In this blog, we have listed many e-scooters that can be the best option for you, depending on your needs.
All of the scooters listed above are great, but it depends on your requirement on which to choose. For example, Suppose you are looking for a fast scooter. In that case, we recommend the Swagger City electric scooter or Razor-E Prime Air. If you’re looking for something budget-friendly, the Glio Dolly would be an excellent choice for you.