You are probably thinking, “should I buy Gotrax gxl v2 or Xiaomi m365?”. I can understand the pain of deciding what to buy when it comes to Gotrax GXL V2 vs Xiaomi M365 as both are amazing electric scooters, and deciding what to choose can be difficult. Today in this blog, I am going to compare Gotrax GXL vs Xiaomi M365 and provide you a detailed specification on both of them. In completion of this blog, you will be able to decide what scooter to buy.
The electric scooter is all about comfort, so you must buy the right scooter that is easy to use, handy, and not too expensive. Furthermore, that is not too heavy, so it will be allowed to ride in the streets without a license.
Compare Gotrax GXL V2 vs Xiaomi M365
Gotrax gxl v2 is an improved version of the GXL Commuter. Under $300, Gotrax is one of the top 30 scooters found in the market. It has a 250-watt engine, which is enough to ride around 9-12 miles with just 4 hours of charging. The design of Gotrax gxl v2 is astonishing, and no wires are framing outside a unit. It is also equipped with a sturdy handlebar and a display panel that makes it easy to track the scooter’s battery.
Features of Gotrax gxl v2
- There is a Cruise Control, Handbrake, Reinforced Frame, and Lock Mechanism in it.
- It has a maximum speed of 16MPH (26m/h) and can hold up to 220 lb (99.9kg) of weight.
- It has a folding mechanism that makes it easier to carry.
- Properly designed handlebars to make a ride easy.
- It has a 36V battery and a brushless DC motor.
- Mechanical disc brake that makes it easier to stop smoothly.
As for many scooters, Gotrax gxl v2 as well has its pros and cons. Being one of the best electric scooters, it has more good specifications than bad.
Pros of Gotrax GXL V2
- The pneumatic tires fitted in Gotrax gxl v2 makes a ride very smooth, and shock absorb. You will love your ride with this scooter because of its smoothness.
- The hand-operated rear disc brake makes a stop extremely easy and safer. Now you don’t need to worry about hitting someone in the emergency brake.
- Gotrax gxl v2 is very easy to put together and fold.
- The material used to build this scooter are of top quality. So when you buy it, you don’t have to worry about the material quality.
- The price is less than $300. In this budget, this scooter is a steal
- 250-watt brushless DC that is found in gxl v2 allows proper acceleration. And at this price, you will rarely find the scooter surpassing 250-watt.
- In just 7 seconds, it reaches 24km/h speed of momentum.
Cons of Gotrax GXL V2
Even though this, without a doubt, is a great scooter but yet just like other machines, it has its flaws. Therefore, I am going to list some of the cons of Gotrax gxl v2, which will help you decide when buying it.
- It only has a 90 days warranty, and you need to pay $30 extra for a one year warranty. I wish they had a 1-year warranty as 90 days makes me feel like there is some problem with a scooter but its probably a marketing technique to earn more money.
- Some people complained that the scooter doesn’t come up with the proper instruction to use it, so you may find it a problem if you have never used an e-scooter before.
- Unlike Xiaomi, Gotrax customer service is not top-notch, but that doesn’t mean it is the worst.
- The scooter is water-resistant, which means you should not have any problem riding in the rain. But don’t throw it in water to test it as it is not waterproof.
- It does not have a brake light, and some cities do not allow you to ride e-scooters without brake lights.
This is almost everything you need to know about Gotrax gxl v2 before buying it. Make sure to properly read and understand the features, pros, and cons before buying this scooter. Now let’s move forward to Xiaomi m365 so you can understand the difference between Gotrax gxl v2 vs. Xiaomi m365.
A stylish electric-assisted Mi Scooter kickboard made by Xiaomi with a durable aluminum alloy body is astonishing. The scooter is smooth and makes no weird noises while driving. With its decent battery life, the scooter keeps moving for a longer time.
Features of Xiaomi M365
- It is effortless to carry. The weight of this ride-on scooter is only 12.5 kg. The lightweight construction and the handlebar with a folding mechanism make managing the kickboard effortless.
- Riding is easy. The non-slip and impact-resistant tires of the kickboard ensure smooth and comfortable use.
- The dual braking system of the product’s front and rear tires is responsible for efficient braking. Lighting front and rear ensure that you are also noticed in low light. This makes the Xiaomi 365 electric scooter safe to ride.
- You can also use a handy smartphone app that you can download from your smartphone to check your driving speed and battery status in real-time.
Other features and specification
- It has a maximum speed of 25km/h
- Battery life = about 30 km
- IP54 rating, dust and splash resistant
- One single charge can let you ride about 30 miles(48km).
- It takes about 5 hours to charge the battery
- Maximum weight carry = 100 kg
- Recommended age = 16-50 years
- The price differs from time to time but is under $500 usually
Pros of Xiaomi M365
- The Mi Electric Scooter has a top speed of up to 25 km / h and travels 30 km on a single charge.
- It has bright LED headlights so that you can drive safely, even in the dark. The power of the LED lights is 1.1 W.
- Mi Electric Scooter is easy to control with one button. The button allows you to turn the kickboard on and off, control the headlights, and switch between normal and power save mode. The 4 LEDs located above the dashboard indicate the battery charge level.
- The front and rear wheel brakes of the Mi Electric Scooter work effectively simultaneously, so the braking distance is only 4 meters. A red tail light warns pedestrians and other walkers to stop and decelerate.
- It is not too large and is foldable so that you can bring it to any shops.
- The sales package includes spare tires.
Cons of Xiaomi M365
- The button and the four battery indicator lights are not waterproof, and you need to buy protection.
- As you use the scooter for 5-6 months, the speed starts getting decreased, and you will not get the maximum speed. But this usually happens to only some people.
- the scooter needlessly reduces the acceleration capacity when the battery goes below 50%
You can find more about Xiaomi m365 in our review here, which includes all the necessary information in detail.
So, what exactly is the difference between Gotrax GXL V2 vs Xiaomi M365?
In terms of charging: GXL v2 has a battery capacity of 187WH, and M365 has 280Wh. That means the Xiaomi m365 takes a little longer to charge. You can charge Gotrax gxl v2 in 3-4 hours while it takes around 5.5 hours for m365 to charge fully. IF you want to charge fast but is okay with less distance traveled, then you can choose Gotrax gxl v2
Traveling distance: Gotrax GXL V2 has a limit of 12 miles (19 km), and M365 has a reach of 19 miles (31 km). So if you want a better distance in a single charge, then Xiaomi m365 is a great option.
Speed: Both Gotrax GXL Commuter and Xiaomi Mi M365 have a maximum speed of 26km/hr. So in terms of speed, both are equally fast.
Weight handle: There isn’t any difference in terms of weight as both e-scooters can handle 100kg(220lbs).
Tires and brakes: Both Gotrax GXL V2 and Xiaomi Mi M365 have top-notch tires and brakes. They have Disc brakes and Pneumatic tires.
Pricing: The price of GXL V2 is around $300, and Xiaomi Mi M365 costs around $500 because of its high traveling distance, well-known brand, and better warranty as well as customer service.
In conclusion, both of the scooters are of high-quality as most of the things are similar. Therefore, if you are tight in the budget but still want a high quality while compromising the distance and some other stuff, you should buy Gotrax GXL V2. Or if you have some extra money to spend and want an extra high-quality scooter, then you should probably buy Xiaomi Mi M365.
Why I am saying this is because Xiaomi is a famous brand, so it has a big community, which is extremely helpful when you need some help regarding Xiaomi e-scooters. Also, It has a better warranty, so you do not need to worry about unnecessary mechanical problems that may come from time to time. But it is your choice to buy any scooter you want, and I find both scooters easy to ride.